Catatan Rilis GNOME 3.4
Projek GNOME adalah suatu komunitas internasional yang bekerja untuk membuat perangkat lunak yang hebat tersedia bagi semua. GNOME berfokus pada kemudahan penggunaan, stabilitas, internasionalisasi kelas satu, dan aksesibilitas. GNOME adalah Perangkat Lunak Bebas dan Open Source. Ini berarti bahwa semua pekerjaan kami bebas untuk dipakai, diubah, dan didistribusi ulang.
GNOME dirilis setiap enam bulan. Sejak versi terakhir, 3.2, kira-kira 1275 orang membuat sekitar 41000 perubahan ke GNOME. Tertarik pada apa yang kami kerjakan? Ikuti kami di Identi.ca, Twitter atau Facebook.
Bila Anda ingin membantu membuat produk kami lebih baik lagi, mari bergabung. Kami selalu menyambut lebih banyak orang yang dapat menerjemahkan dari Bahasa Inggris, membantu pemasaran, menulis dokumentasi, menguji, atau melakukan pengembangan.
Anda juga dapat mendukung secara finansial dengan menjadi Sahabat GNOME.
2. Apa Yang Baru Bagi Para Pengguna
3.4 adalah rilis kedua GNOME sejak 3.0 pada April 2011. Ini membawa sejumlah besar perbaikan ke pengalaman pengguna, termasuk banyak perbaikan kutu dan pengembangan kecil. Hasilnya adalah GNOME 3 yang lebih berkilau, lebih terpoles, dan lebih reliable.
Rilis ini juga memuat beberapa perkembangan baru yang penting. Aplikasi kami telah menjadi fokus utama bagi upaya perancangan dan pengembangan terkini, dan sejumlah aplikasi telah mendapat pemutakhiran yang signifikan bagi rilis ini. Anda juga akan melihat perbaikan pada blok pembangun yang dipakai untuk membuat aplikasi kami. Ini termasuk penggulungan yang mulus, komponen antar muka pengguna yang disegarkan, tema visual dan menu aplikasi yang jauh lebih diperhalus.
Other highlights for this release include a new document search facility, a new application called Boxes, video calling, and a new animated background that updates over the course of the day. Enjoy!
- 2.1. Aplikasi GNOME 3 Penampilan Baru
- 2.2. Pencarian Dokumen
- 2.3. Menu Aplikasi
- 2.4. Refreshed Interface Components
- 2.5. A Bonanza of Smaller Improvements
- 2.6. Penggulungan Yang Mulus
- 2.7. Latar Belakang Beranimasi Yang Baru
- 2.8. Pengaturan Sistem Yang Diperbaiki
- 2.9. Dukungan Perangkat Keras Yang Lebih Baik
- 2.10. Dokumentasi Yang Benar-benar Membantu Anda
- 2.11. Pemanggilan Video dan Dukungan Live Messenger
- 2.12. Banyak Perbaikan Aplikasi
2.1. Aplikasi GNOME 3 Penampilan Baru
Our applications have been a major theme for this release cycle. The new applications that were released in 3.2 have all received major updates that make them better looking and more pleasurable to use. Several existing applications have also received an overhaul so that they are more consistent and integrated with GNOME 3.
Documents, the new application that allows you to easily browse, search and organize documents, has received a major design refresh. The result is a fresher, cleaner application. The new version comes with a refreshed interface, the ability to create collections of documents and support for printing.
Epiphany, the GNOME web browser, has been renamed Web. It has been given a beautiful new interface for 3.4, which includes a redesigned toolbar and 'super menu'. There have also been a number of performance improvements, including faster browsing history.
Our new contact application has also received a major update. The main contact list has been improved as has the layout of contact details. Contacts sports a number of other new features, including inline linking suggestions and a new avatar selector.
Disks is the new name for GNOME Disk Utility, and it has had a major overhaul. The tool, which allows you to manage the disks on your computer, has a refreshed interface, integrates better with GNOME and also received several new features.
Another tool we have updated is Passwords and Keys. It has also been given a much more refined and elegant user interface.
2.2. Pencarian Dokumen
Searching from the Activities Overview already gives you a quick way to access applications, contacts and system settings. A big new feature for this release is the addition of documents to these search results. It means that document search is always at hand.
The new document search facility is provided directly by the Documents application. As a result, you can search the documents you have on your computer as well as those stored in your online accounts.
This ability for Activities Overview search to provide a window into your applications will be extended in future releases to include other types of content, such as Music and Videos.
2.3. Menu Aplikasi
Application menus are a new feature that will become an increasingly familiar part of our applications in the future. These menus, which are labelled with the application's name and can be seen in the top bar, provide a new space for options that affect the whole application (as opposed to specific windows), such as application preferences and documentation.
A number of applications, including Documents, Web and Contacts, are already making use of application menus for this release.
An exception will be made for focus-follows-mouse users; for them, a classic menu bar will be shown.
2.4. Refreshed Interface Components
A number of our application interface components have been modernized this release. These changes will make applications more elegant and easier to use. They are particularly focused on removing difficult click targets.
Our color chooser dialog has been brought up to date for 3.4. The new design provides easy access to a tasteful palette of colors, as well as a mechanism to create a set of custom colors. It is much more straightforward to use than the previous version.
Scrollbars are another component that have been updated for 3.4. The new version takes up less space and removes the tiny 'stepper' buttons that traditionally feature on scrollbars, and which can be a particularly difficult click target.
We also revised the design of spin buttons for 3.4, which used to be fiddly. The new versions are much easier to use and look great too.
When maximized, certain applications will now hide their title bar. This ensures more space is available for the application.
2.5. A Bonanza of Smaller Improvements
Incremental improvements and polishing has been a big focus for this release. The result is a large number of smaller improvements which add up to a big increase in quality.
The visual theme is a lot more polished in this release. Many of the changes are subtle, but almost every part of the theme has been improved in some way. The overall effect is much better looking applications.
A new initiative, called Every Detail Matters, has been focusing on improving the quality of the Activities Overview for this release. Thanks to these efforts, lots of small details have been taken care of, including improved application launcher labels, new window labels and captions, better keyboard navigation, more legible text styles and an easier to use dash.
There are many other incremental improvements in GNOME 3.4. As ever, there are too many to list here, but they include:
- Network password dialogs, including those for VPN passwords, were stuck on GNOME 2 until this release. They have now been fully integrated with the GNOME 3 experience.
- The return of Wanda the Fish! Yes Wanda, our trusty friend from GNOME 2, has returned. She's an easter egg, so we won't tell you exactly where to find her. Search and you'll receive.
- Our built in screen recorder now produces smoother videos while also using less system resources. To use it, simply press Control+Shift+Alt+R.
- The visual layout of system modal dialogs has been improved since 3.2. They look much nicer as a result.
- Notification pop-ups are more intelligent now and will avoid the mouse or touchpad pointer, so that they won't get in your way.
- Another important enhancement to notifications is that the message tray, which displays a summary of your notifications, is now shown if you haven't interacted with your device for a short period of time. This makes it easier to be aware of ongoing conversations or unanswered messages.
2.6. Penggulungan Yang Mulus
Scrolling has got smooth in GNOME 3.4. In previous releases scrolling content could be a slightly abrupt affair. Now it is slick and graceful. Scroll operations gradually ease to a halt and have a tactile, physical feel to them. This is a big improvement which will make GNOME applications far more pleasurable and satisfying to use.
Smooth scrolling is the first result of our ongoing touch input work, which is planned to deliver more features in the future.
2.7. Latar Belakang Beranimasi Yang Baru
The default background (or 'wallpaper') has been updated for this release. The new version is a new take on the stripes theme from the previous background. The new background is also dynamic, becoming brighter and more radiant during the day, and dark and shadowy in the evening.
2.8. Pengaturan Sistem Yang Diperbaiki
System Settings have received a number of updates for 3.4. These changes include:
- Improved network panel layout, which now allows you to forget the configuration of individual networks.
- A better looking power panel, which includes a redesigned status section.
- Greatly enhanced Wacom graphics tablet support, including calibration and button mapping, as well as the new ability to configure multiple tablets.
- Easier navigation thanks to the renaming of some panels and an updated 'All Settings' button.
2.9. Dukungan Perangkat Keras Yang Lebih Baik
Several of the smaller improvements that feature in this release address hardware support and integration, making GNOME 3 work with more hardware devices, and providing a more seamless experience.
- Various color calibration improvements, which will now remember which device a particular color profile is for.
- Better handling of docking stations and external monitors, so that a laptop will now stay running (and not suspend) when it is connected to an external monitor, even if the lid is closed.
- Support for volume keys on USB speakers and headsets.
- New support for multiseat setups, such as pluggable USB multiseat devices.
2.10. Dokumentasi Yang Benar-benar Membantu Anda
Traditional user documentation is written like a paper book; a good story, but it is very long and takes time to read through. It's not ideal if you just want to quickly find out how to perform a certain task. To address this, applications are gradually updated to provide topic-orientated documentation. The following applications provide new documentation in GNOME 3.4:
2.11. Pemanggilan Video dan Dukungan Live Messenger
3.4 includes a number of improvements to the Empathy chat application. Foremost among these is its brand new audio and video calling interface. This provides a really nice way to do video calling, and it is fully integrated into GNOME 3, so you can quickly and easily respond to video calls as they come in.
Another major enhancement to Empathy for this release is the new support for both Windows Live Messaging and Facebook chat, so that chatting with your friends is easier than ever before.
There are several other improvements included in this release of Empathy, including:
- The accounts dialog has been partially re-designed, giving it a simplified interface that is easier to use.
- Improved integration with Contacts, which simplifies the user interface and means that Empathy can take advantage of Contacts' features, such as linking suggestions.
2.12. Banyak Perbaikan Aplikasi
There are plenty of other improvements to our applications in this release. As well as the usual bug fixing work, there are visible enhancements and new features. Here are some of them:
- The file manager Nautilus now includes an Undo function which allows you to revert changes you might have made. Great for correcting mistakes!
- The Sound Juicer CD ripper has a new metadata fetching facility which provides enhanced support for multi-disc albums.
- The text editor gedit will now run on Mac OS X as well as GNOME.
- The webcam booth Cheese now uses WebM as its default video format (instead of Theora).
- Our games have been modernized. Status bars have been removed, application menus added, and more.
- System Monitor has received Control Groups support.
- Image Viewer (used to be called Eye of GNOME) has a new image metadata sidebar. This makes it easy to browse images and see their properties at the same time.
- It is now possible to use Evolution to connect to Kolab Groupware servers. It is possible to use multiple Kolab accounts at the same time. Full offline support, extended free/busy lists, and synchronization conflict detection and resolution are also all supported.
- Evolution's account setup assistant will also automatically detect common email providers, making it less work to set up your email account. As an added bonus, it will now also let you reorder your email accounts in the sidebar.
3. Apa Yang Baru Di Aksesibilitas
GNOME 3.4 is the most accessible version of GNOME 3 to date, with an emphasis on being reliable and usable for everyone. GNOME has started a Friends of GNOME fundraising campaign in order to strengthen its commitment to accessibility with more resources and make 2012 the Year of Accessibility for GNOME.
This release includes some significant enhancements to GNOME's accessibility features. These include:
3.1. Integrasi Orca Yang Diperbaiki
GNOME 3 support for screen readers has been improved. This means that users of the Orca screen reader can now use GNOME 3 as their computing environment. This integration will be further developed in future releases, and we encourage Orca users to provide feedback.
Orca's performance has also been greatly improved this release. These improvements mean that the new version is much faster and more responsive.
3.2. Mode Kontras Tinggi Yang Lebih Baik
The high contrast theme has received several improvements this cycle. GNOME's new and refreshed interface components are now supported by high-contrast mode. The high contrast icons that are used in this mode have also been improved and extended, making high contrast look better and cover more of GNOME.
3.3. Tata Zum Agar Cocok Dengan Anda
New settings for configuring the zoom (or magnifier) feature have been added for this release. The new zoom options allow you to change the magnification factor, the mouse tracking, the position of the magnified view on the screen and enable crosshairs to be added to help you find the mouse or touchpad pointer.
4. Apa Yang Baru Bagi Para Pengembang
The following changes are important for developers using the GNOME 3.4 Developer Platform. If you are not interested in changes for developers, you can skip forward to Bagian 5 ― Internasionalisasi.
Included in GNOME 3.4 is the latest release of the GNOME Developer Platform. This consists of a set of API- and ABI-stable libraries available under the GNU LGPL that can be used for the development of cross-platform applications.
Untuk informasi tentang mengembangkan dengan GNOME, silakan kunjungi Pusat Pengembang GNOME.
4.1. GLib 2.32
GNOME's low-level software utility library GLib has seen various improvements:
- The threading support was rewritten. As a side effect, calling g_thread_init() is no longer needed.
- GNOME's default storage backend GSettings received native support for Mac OS X. There is also better GSettings support for plugins and extensions via GSettingsSchemaSource.
- GResource provides support for embedding resources in binaries
- Unicode 6.1 support
- New network status monitor interface: GNetworkMonitor
- GLib and GTK+ introduced versioned deprecations. By using GLIB_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED (resp. GDK_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED for GTK+) you can for example receive warnings about API that was deprecated before the last stable version but not for the latest 2.31 development version. Corresponding functionality exists for too new API by using GLIB_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED (resp. GDK_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED for GTK+).
4.2. GTK+ 3.4
GTK+ 3.4 is the latest release of the GTK+ toolkit, which is at the heart of GNOME. GTK+ 3.4 includes new features for developers, as well as extensive bug fixes.
- More complete CSS support in theming and better transparency support in theming and backgrounds
- Improved cross-platform keyboard shortcut handling by using 'Primary' instead of 'Control'
- Basic support for touch events (and support for XInput 2.2): Widgets can get touch events by connecting to the GtkWidget::touch-event signal. GTK+ uses touch events to implement kinetic scrolling in GtkScrolledWindow and touch-compatible menu behavior
- Smooth scrolling support by the new scroll direction GDK_SCROLL_SMOOTH and the new event mask GDK_SMOOTH_SCROLL_MASK. gdk_event_get_scroll_deltas() provides the scroll deltas.
- Session support: GtkApplication supports log out notification and negotiation (similar to deprecated EggSMClient)
- Menu and window support in GtkApplication, including Mac OS X support
4.3. Clutter 1.10
GNOME's graphics library for hardware-accelerated user interfaces Clutter provides the following improvements:
- Multiple backend support: Clutter can be compiled with support for different platforms, and the backend can be selected at run time.
- GDK backend: Clutter can use GDK, the windowing system library also used by GTK+.
- Support for the password hint in text entries: When the password hint is enabled, the last character inserted into a text entry will be shown for a brief amount of time, as a way to safely enter passwords and other hidden content on platforms with imprecise text input (e.g. touchscreen keyboards).
- Use of the same definitions for versioned deprecations as GLib and GTK+ (see above).
- Better support on Mac OS X and Wayland.
- New scene graph API: ClutterActor is now the only class dealing with the definition of a scene inside a Clutter application. This deprecated most of the ClutterContainer interface and ClutterGroup, ClutterRectangle and ClutterBox.
- New implicit animation API for ClutterActor.
- New ClutterContent interface, with two implementations: Canvas for Cairo drawing; and Image for displaying image data; the Content interface supports the new render objects API for painting the actor's content.
- Support for localizable strings and GResource in ClutterScript UI definitions.
- Repeat count and progress mode were added to the Timeline class.
- Performance improvements on the GLSL-based effects shipped by Clutter.
- Efek kecerahan-kontras baru.
GNOME's default GSettings backend has seen several improvements:
- DConf can now read from multiple user configuration databases. The dconf profile format now explicitly identifies user and system dconf databases, rather than assuming that only the first line specifies a user database. Users interested in sharing part of their dconf profile between multiple systems, such as via a version-controlled home directory, can use this support to read from a shared dconf database in addition to the live-writable dconf database.
- DConf now supports dconf profiles specified by an absolute path in $DCONF_PROFILE, rather than just a path relative to /etc/dconf/profiles/. This allows users to specify a profile in their own home directory, such as to specify multiple user databases.
4.5. Penggunaan Pustaka yang Tak Berlaku Lagi
Further progress has been made in the continuous work of replacing outdated technologies with superior facilities.
- Several applications (such as gdm, gnome-control-center, gnome-games, gthumb, gucharmap, metacity, mutter and Rhythmbox) now use GSettings as their storage backend instead of deprecated GConf. For mutter this meant some keybinding changes.
- libgoffice, libgnomekbd and libxklavier received GObject introspection support which makes the API of those modules automatically available to a wide variety of other programming languages and runtimes. On a related note, gevice was converted from using static deprecated Python bindings to using introspection.
- Several packages (such as gnome-bluetooth, gnome-control-center, gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-shell, sound-juicer) have been converted from using dbus-glib to GDBus and from libunique to G(tk)Application.
4.6. Berbagai Pemutakhiran Para Pengembang
Perbaikan Platform GNOME lain di GNOME 3.4 termasuk:
- The project management of the Integrated Development Environment Anjuta is now much easier to use and more powerful. The application received a new "Find in files" dialog that allows you to search project files, and filter on directories and/or file types. The search supports regular expressions and you can also replace in all or only a subset of the results. Anjuta also improved its integration with the User Interface Designer Glade by allowing to automatically connect widgets and code.
- Several applications (such as gnome-dictionary, gnome-system-monitor, transmageddon) provide improved cross-desktop compatibility by inheriting the freedesktop.org directory specification.
- Developers that use the text editor gedit can use the new plugin gedit-code-assistance which provides code assistance for C, C++ and Objective-C by utilizing clang and code assistance for Python.
- Evolution-Data-Server previously downloaded all (old) messages when adding an IMAP account. Now you can define to only download older messages when required. This saves bandwidth and disk space. It also saw several synchronization API improvements with regard to performance and convenience.
- PyGObject's new pygtkcompat.py module provides easier backwards compatibility to deprecated PyGTK.
- For your convenience Empathy includes a "Send to pastebin" option in its debug window.
Terima kasih kepada anggota Projek Penerjemahan GNOME di seluruh dunia, GNOME 3.4 menawarkan dukungan bagi lebih dari 50 bahasa dengan paling tidak 80 persen kalimat yang diterjemahkan, termasuk manual pengguna dan administrasi bagi banyak bahasa.
Bahasa yang didukung:
- Catala (Valencia)
- Cina (Hong Kong)
- Cina (Taiwan)
- Inggris (AS)
- Inggris Britania
- Norwegia Bokmål
- Portugis Brasilia
Banyak bahasa lain didukung sebagian, dengan lebih dari separo kalimat telah diterjemahkan.
Menerjemahkan suatu paket perangkat lunak sebesar GNOME ke suatu bahasa baru bisa menjadi tugas yang sangat besar bahkan bagi tim penerjemah yang paling berdedikasi. Untuk rilis ini upaya luar biasa telah dikerjakan oleh tim Belarusia, meningkatkan kelengkapan terjemahan mereka lebih dari 39 poin sejak versi 3.0. Yang perlu diselamati juga adalah tim Khmer dengan 24 poin lebih tinggi daripada versi 3.2 dan tim Macedonia karena telah meningkatkan status penerjemahan 21 poin sejak 3.2.
Statistik terinci dan informasi lain tersedia pada situs status terjemahan GNOME.
6. Memperoleh GNOME 3.4
Untuk memasang atau meningkatkan mesin Anda ke GNOME 3.4, kami menyarankan Anda memasang paket resmi yang disediakan oleh vendor atau distribusi Anda. Distribusi populer akan membuat GNOME 3.4 tersedia segera, dan beberapa telah memiliki versi pengembangan yang menyediakan GNOME 3.4.
Bila Anda ingin mencoba GNOME, unduh satu dari image live kami. Ini tersedia pada halaman Mendapatkan GNOME kami.
Bila Anda berani dan sabar, dan ingin membangun GNOME dari sumber, kami sarankan Anda memakai JHBuild, yang dirancang untuk membangun GNOME terbaru dari Git. Anda dapat menggunakan JHBuild untuk membangun GNOME 3.4 dengan memakai moduleset gnome-3.4.
7. Menantikan GNOME 3.6
Rilis selanjutnya pada seri GNOME 3 direncanakan pada September 2012. Banyak fitur dan perbaikan baru yang direncanakan bagi 3.6.
7.1. Perubahan Yang Nampak Ke Pengguna
Continued work on perfect integration of system components while still keeping an eye on the small details that make your life easier.
Boxes is in the making: A brand new GNOME 3 application which allows you to easily connect to remote machines as well as use virtual machines. A first testing version of Boxes is already available for GNOME 3.4. However, it might not come included with your system yet.
Perenderan yang diperbaiki dari pesan HTML dalam Evolution dengan memakai WebKit sebagai ganti dari GtkHtml.
7.2. Perubahan Aksesabilitas
- Continued improvements to GNOME Shell accessibility via Orca and further improvements to Orca's support for WebKit2GTK+.
- GNOME Shell Magnifier will provide additional options for customizing brightness and contrast.
7.3. Perubahan Terkait Pengembang
- Support for search providers in GNOME Shell that are provided by applications.
- Web might switch to using WebKit2GTK+.
- GTK+ plans to move away from implementing widget behaviors in event handlers, and instead move to a model where behaviors can be added to a widget as separate objects (similar to Clutter).
Catatan rilis ini dikumpulkan oleh Allan Day, André Klapper, dan Olav Vitters dengan bantuan dari komunitas GNOME.
Rilis ini tak bakal mungkin tanpa kerja keras dan dedikasi dari komunitas GNOME. Selamat dan terima kasih ke semua.
Catatan rilis ini bebas diterjemahkan ke sebarang bahasa. Bila Anda ingin menerjemahkannya ke bahasa Anda, silakan hubungi Projek Penerjemahan GNOME.
Dokumen ini disebarluaskan di bawah lisensi Creative Commons Sharealike 3.0. Hak cipta © Projek GNOME