15.1. Keyboard Shortcuts
|Ctrl+p||Play / Pause|
|Ctrl+Left||Jump to the Previous Track / Back to the beginning of the track|
|Ctrl+Right||Jump to the Next Track|
|Ctrl+Up||Increase playback volume|
|Ctrl+Down||Decrease playback volume|
|Ctrl+R||Enable / Disable Repeat play|
|Ctrl+U||Enable / Disable Shuffle play|
|Ctrl+J||Jump to playing song|
|Alt+S||Jump to search field|
|Alt+Return||Display the Track Properties|
15.2. Multimedia Keys
Rhythmbox Music Player supports the keys on multimedia keyboards, if configured in your desktop environment.
|Pause / Play||Pause / Play|
|Prev||Previous Played Track|
15.3. Linux Infrared Remote Control
The Rhythmbox Music Player includes a plugin for Linux Infrared Remote Control (LIRC) support. The following command strings are supported, using the program name 'rhythmbox':
|playpause||Toggle between playing and paused|
|shuffle||Toggle the shuffle play order|
|repeat||Toggle the repeat play order|
|next||Skip to the next track|
|previous||Skip to the previous track|
|seek_forward||Skip 10 seconds forward in the playing track|
|seek_backward||Skip 10 seconds backward in the playing track|
|volume_up||Increase the playback volume by 10%|
|volume_down||Decrease the playback volume by 10%|
|mute||Mute the playback|
- Copyright © 2002 Mark Finlay
- Copyright © 2002, 2002 Mark Humphreys
- Copyright © 2005, 2006 Baptiste Mille-Mathias
- Copyright © 2006 Victor Osadci
- Copyright © 2008 Dean Sas
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.
This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals distributed under the GFDL. If you want to distribute this manual separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in section 6 of the license.
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.
DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT ARE PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE GNU FREE DOCUMENTATION LICENSE WITH THE FURTHER UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER, AUTHOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER; AND
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE AUTHOR, INITIAL WRITER, ANY CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding the Rhythmbox Music Player application or this manual, follow the directions in the GNOME Feedback Page.