Customizing Rhythmbox Music Player
This section describes how to customize Rhythmbox Music Player to suit your requirements and preferences.
- 14.1. Setting Your Preferences
14.1. Setting Your Preferences
Using the Preferences dialog you can customize how you want Rhythmbox Music Player to look and behave. To display the Preferences dialog, choose .
Choose the way the Browser View will be displayed. You can choose to use three or two panes and what the panes should display.
Choose the Visible Columns you want to display in Rhythmbox Music Player. This option affects the following sources:
- Audio CD
- Portable Players
- DAAP Music shares
The Library Location is a folder that Rhythmbox Music Player will monitor to find new songs. When you add new audio files in this folder or its sub-folders with the file browser (like Nautilus), Rhythmbox Music Player will detect them and they will be added automatically in the Library.
Avoid to set your Home folder as library location because this feature is CPU consuming.
To disable the watch functionality deselect Watch my library for new files.
If you want to add more than one folder to watch, use gconf-editor and add it to the list /app/rhythmbox/library_locations
The Download Location of Podcasts is defined by default to the Podcasts/ folder in your home directory.
If this location doesn't fit your needs, select another folder in the drop-down list or choose Other to make the File Selector appear.
Choose the frequency that Rhythmbox Music Player will check for new podcast episodes.
The Rhythmbox Music Player can share your Library contents over your Local Area Network, to other Rhythmbox Music Player and Apple iTunes users.
- Select Share my music to enable the users of your network to see and read your songs.
- Enter the name of you want to appear of the network in the field Shared music name.
14.1.5. Last.fm profile
The Last.fm profile plugin collects information about the songs you listen to and sends it to the Last.fm website, building up a profile of your listening habits. With this profile, you can:
- consult statistics, such as most played songs or most played artists.
- receive recommendations about artists that you might like.
In order to use the Last.fm profile plugin, you must have a Last.fm account. If you don't already have one, use the Last.fm signup page to create one. Enter your Last.fm account details in the Username and Password fields in the Last.fm profile plugin configuration window.
The configuration window for the Last.fm profile plugin also displays status information. If your Last.fm profile page shows that your profile is not being updated, the information displayed here may help you to diagnose the problem.
- Copyright © 2002 Mark Finlay
- Copyright © 2002, 2002 Mark Humphreys
- Copyright © 2005, 2006 Baptiste Mille-Mathias
- Copyright © 2006 Victor Osadci
- Copyright © 2008 Dean Sas
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.
This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals distributed under the GFDL. If you want to distribute this manual separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in section 6 of the license.
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.
DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT ARE PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE GNU FREE DOCUMENTATION LICENSE WITH THE FURTHER UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER, AUTHOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER; AND
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE AUTHOR, INITIAL WRITER, ANY CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding the Rhythmbox Music Player application or this manual, follow the directions in the GNOME Feedback Page.