Rhythmbox Music Player Window
The Rhythmbox Music Player window enables you to browse and play your favorite music. Figure 1 shows the interface of the Rhythmbox Music Player with its main components.
Table 1 describes the components of Rhythmbox Music Player window.
|0||Application menu on the top bar||Contains menus that you use to perform tasks in Rhythmbox Music Player window. (Not included in the image above.)|
|1||Toolbar||Provides access to player functions and details about the currently playing track. Includes the time slider which displays the position of the read of a track; it enables to jump to another part of a track.|
|2||Side Pane||Displays a list of available sources. Can also display the play queue.|
|3||Browser||Allows to browse and filter the Library tracks by Genre, Artist or Album name. The Browser also provides a search function to display only tracks that match your criteria.|
|4||Tracks list||Lists the tracks that belong to the selected source.|
|5||Statusbar||Displays information about the source selected in the side pane.|
3.2. The Side Pane
The side pane is where you can access your music library, internet radio, your playlists audio CDs, and the play queue. The side pane can contain the following sources:
- The Rhythmbox Music Player library, where all of the imported tracks will appear.
- The iRadio source, with all internet radio stations.
- All playlists (normal and smart).
- Audio CD's inserted into the computer's CD drives.
- Portable players like iPod plugged to your computer.
- The DAAP Music shares discovered on the local network.
- Music stores like Jamendo and Magnatune.
It can also contain the play queue ifin the application menu on the top bar is toggled on.
The display of the side pane can be toggled on or off by selectingin the application menu on the top bar.
3.3. The Player Toolbar
The toolbar area provides access to details about the currently playing track. When no track is being played, this area shows no information. When a track is played, the track name is displayed, and underneath, the artist and the album names.
A tracker which shows the progress of the playing track and a time slider are also displayed. When the time slider has focus, the arrow keys can be used to Fast-Forward or Rewind the playing track.
If you are using a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can adjust the volume by scrolling up or down while the mouse pointer is over the volume button in the right corner.
- Copyright © 2002 Mark Finlay
- Copyright © 2002, 2002 Mark Humphreys
- Copyright © 2005, 2006 Baptiste Mille-Mathias
- Copyright © 2006 Victor Osadci
- Copyright © 2008 Dean Sas
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.
This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals distributed under the GFDL. If you want to distribute this manual separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in section 6 of the license.
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.
DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT ARE PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE GNU FREE DOCUMENTATION LICENSE WITH THE FURTHER UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER, AUTHOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER; AND
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE AUTHOR, INITIAL WRITER, ANY CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding the Rhythmbox Music Player application or this manual, follow the directions in the GNOME Feedback Page.