Using Sticky Notes
2.1. Showing and Hiding Sticky Notes
To hide all your notes, either click on the desktop, or right-click the Sticky Notes applet and choose .
To show all your notes, click the Sticky Notes applet.
2.2. Creating a Sticky Note
You can create a sticky note by right-clicking on the sticky note icon and selecting New Note, or by double-clicking the applet.
Creating a note causes all hidden notes to be shown.
2.3. Locking and Unlocking Sticky Notes
You can lock or unlock all sticky notes at the same time, or you can lock or unlock individual sticky notes. Locking a sticky note prevents you from accidentally changing the contents of the note.
- To Lock or Unlock All Sticky Notes
To lock all sticky notes so that the notes cannot be edited, choosefrom the icon right-click menu so that there is a check mark next to it. To unlock all sticky notes, choose from the icon right-click menu again so that there is not a check mark next to it.
Note that all panel applications have theitem in the right-click menu, which locks the position of the panel application on the panel. Do not confuse this with the item.
- To Lock or Unlock Individual Sticky Notes
To lock an individual sticky note, right-click on the title of the note, then choosefrom the popup menu. To unlock an individual note, right-click on the title of the note, then choose from the popup menu again. You can also toggle the lock/unlock state of a sticky note by clicking the lock button in the top left corner of the sticky note.
2.4. Deleting Sticky Notes
You can delete all sticky notes at the same time, or you can delete individual sticky notes.
- To Delete All Sticky Notes
To delete all sticky notes, choosefrom the icon right-click menu. A confirmation dialog will appear; click on the button to confirm the deletion.
- To Delete Individual Sticky Notes
To delete an individual sticky note, right-click on the title of the note, then choosefrom the popup menu. You can also delete a sticky note by clicking the in the top right corner.
- Copyright © 2005 Davyd Madeley
- Copyright © 2004 Shaun McCance
- Copyright © 2004 Angela Boyle
- Copyright © 2003, 2004 Sun Microsystems
- Copyright © 2003 Loban A Rahman
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.
This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals distributed under the GFDL. If you want to distribute this manual separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in section 6 of the license.
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.
DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT ARE PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE GNU FREE DOCUMENTATION LICENSE WITH THE FURTHER UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER, AUTHOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER; AND
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE AUTHOR, INITIAL WRITER, ANY CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding the Sticky Notes application or this manual, follow the directions in the GNOME Feedback Page.