3.1. Adjusting Size
To configure the default size for all sticky notes, right-click on the sticky notes icon, then choose Sticky Notes Preferences dialog is displayed.from the popup menu. The
Use this spin box to specify the default width of new sticky notes, in pixels.
Use this spin box to specify the default height of new sticky notes, in pixels.
3.2. Changing Color and Font
To configure the color and font for all sticky notes, right-click on the icon, then choose Sticky Notes Preferences dialog is displayed.from the popup menu. The
- Font Color
Click on the color selector button to display the color selector dialog. On the color selector dialog, use the color wheel or spin boxes to choose the default font color for stickynotes.
If you have selected, Use color from the system theme, then the current theme colors will be used and you will not be able to select new defaults.
- Note Color
Click on the color selector button to display the color selector dialog. On the color selector dialog, use the color wheel or spin boxes to choose the default base color for sticky notes.
If you have selected, Use color from the system theme, then the current theme colors will be used and you will not able to select new defaults.
Click on the font selector button to display the font selector dialog. On the font selector dialog, use the list boxes to choose the default font for sticky notes.
If you have selected, Use font from the system theme, then the current Application Font set in Font Preferences will be used and you will not be able to select new defaults.
3.3. Customizing Behavior
To customize the behavior of Sticky Notes, right-click on the icon, then choose from the popup menu. The Sticky Notes Preferences dialog is displayed.
To specify that sticky notes are visible on all workspaces on the desktop, select Put notes on all workspaces in the Sticky Notes Preferences dialog. If you are using multiple workspaces, this will cause all sticky notes to be visible on all workspaces.
The option, Force default color and font on notes, will force all sticky notes on your desktop to use the color and font settings specified in the Default Note Properties above (see Section 3.2 ― Changing Color and Font).
- Copyright © 2005 Davyd Madeley
- Copyright © 2004 Shaun McCance
- Copyright © 2004 Angela Boyle
- Copyright © 2003, 2004 Sun Microsystems
- Copyright © 2003 Loban A Rahman
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.
This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals distributed under the GFDL. If you want to distribute this manual separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in section 6 of the license.
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.
DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT ARE PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE GNU FREE DOCUMENTATION LICENSE WITH THE FURTHER UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER, AUTHOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER; AND
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE AUTHOR, INITIAL WRITER, ANY CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding the Sticky Notes application or this manual, follow the directions in the GNOME Feedback Page.