The preferences dialog is accessed by right-clicking on the Weather Report in the panel.
2.1. Changing to Particular Location
When you add the Weather Report to a panel for the first time, the application displays the weather for Pittsburg, Pennsylvania by default. To display the weather for a different location, perform the following steps:
- Right-click on the application.
- Choose Weather Preferences dialog. from the application popup menu. The application displays the
- Select the Location tab. The Location tabbed section contains a list of geographical regions, subregions, and specific locations.
- Click on the arrow next to a region to display the subregions in the region.
- Click on the arrow next to a subregion to display the locations in the subregion.
- Click on a location. While the application retrieves the weather information for the new location, the tooltip "Updating" is displayed when you point to the icon.
- Click Weather Preferences dialog. to close the
You can already try searching by entering the name of your city into the Find field. Be aware that for cities close together, or for cities with no airport you may have to pick a nearby city in the region.
2.2. Updating Weather Information
To update the weather information that the Weather Report displays in the panel, right-click on the icon, then choose.
To automatically update the weather information at regular intervals, perform the following steps:
- Go to the right-click menu and select .
- In the Weather Preferences dialog under the General tab, select the Automatically update every ... minutes option.
- Use the spin box to specify the interval at which the Weather Report retrieves updated information from the weather server. The default is to check every thirty minutes.
- Click Weather Preferences dialog. to close the
2.3. Changing Units
Go to the right-click menu and select Weather Preferences dialog under the General tab, select the units of measurement you want to use.. In the
A number of different measurements are available, including metric, imperial, SI and others. The choice Default will use what we think is the default for your region, based off your chosen locale.
- Copyright © 2005 Davyd Madeley
- Copyright © 2004 Angela Boyle
- Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004 Sun Microsystems
- Copyright © 1999, 2000 Spiros Papadimitriou
- Copyright © 1999, 2000 Dan Mueth
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.
This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals distributed under the GFDL. If you want to distribute this manual separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in section 6 of the license.
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.
DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT ARE PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE GNU FREE DOCUMENTATION LICENSE WITH THE FURTHER UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER, AUTHOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER; AND
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE AUTHOR, INITIAL WRITER, ANY CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding the Weather Report applet or this manual, follow the directions in the GNOME Feedback Page.