This appendix lists the keyboard shortcuts which are defined by default in Gnumeric.
Keybindings are combinations of keystrokes which tell an application to run a task. These can greatly speed-up the user's interactions with an application. Some of the most common ones are Ctrl+s to save a file or Ctrl+q to quit the application. Gnumeric also comes with keybindings to make your spreadsheet experience faster.
Normally, keybindings are next to a command in a menu. For example, if Ctrl+s next to it, that means that Ctrl+s can be typed at the same time to save your file. However, some keystrokes aren't listed in the menus. They are as follows:has
- F2 sets the current cell for editing. The cursor is inserted at the end of the current text.
- Ctrl-O opens the Load file dialog window.
- Ctrl-F3 opens the Define Name dialog window.
- F4 repeat the last action.
- Ctrl-G opens the Go to dialog window which allows you to jump to a specified cell.
- Ctrl-H opens the Search and Replace dialog where you can search through your spreadsheets for text strings and replace them with something else.
- Ctrl-F opens the Search Center. The Search Center allows you to search through your spreadsheets for text strings.
- Ctrl-~ Formats the current selection as a 'General'.
- Ctrl-$ Formats the current selection with the default currency
- Ctrl-# Formats the current selection with default date style
- Ctrl-^ Formats the current selection as superscript
- Ctrl-@ Formats the current selection with the default time format
- Ctrl-! Formats the current selection as an integer (a number with no decimal places).
- Ctrl-& Adds a thin border around the current selection
- Ctrl-_ Formats the current selection as subscript
- Ctrl-$ Formats the current selection as the default currency
- Ctrl-B or Ctrl-2 Toggles the boldness of the font in the current selection.
- Ctrl-I or Ctrl-3 Toggles the italics of the font in the current selection.
- Ctrl-U or Ctrl-4 Toggles single underlining of the current selection.
- Ctrl-5 Toggles strikethrough of the current selection.
- Shift-Ctrl-G Changes the keyboard focus to the current cell indicator described in Section 4.5.1 ― Current Cell Indicator.
- Ctrl-a Select all cells on the currently focused sheet.