To set preferences for Gnote, right-click on the icon in the panel, and select Figure 10. There are two categories of preferences, Editing and Hotkeys. Preferences for each tab will be described below.from the menu. You will see a dialog similar to the one displayed in
The editing tab will allow you to set preferences related to editing notes. There are three checkboxes on this tab, which can either be turned on or off.
- Spellcheck While Typing
Enable this checkbox to underline misspellings in red, and provide suggestions in the right click context menu. Enable or disable the checkbox using the mouse or the key combination Alt+S.
The spellcheck option is only available if you have the GtkSpell package for your distribution installed.
- Highlight WikiWords
Enable this checkbox to create links for phrases ThatLookLikeThis. Clicking on the link will create a new note with the title corresponding to the link text. Enable or disable this checkbox using the mouse or the key combination Alt+W.
- Use Custom Font
Enable this checkbox to set a custom font to be used in your notes. If this option is disabled, the default system font will be used. Enable or disable this checkbox using the mouse or the key combination Alt+F.
The hotkeys tab allows you to set global key combinations to perform different functions in Gnote. In order to set key combinations, you must have the Alt+H to toggle this option.checkbox enabled. Use
- Show notes menu
Enter the key combination to open the notes menu.
- Open "Start Here"
Enter the key combination to open the “Start Here” note, which is preinstalled with Gnote.
- Create new note
Enter the key combination to create a new note.
- Search notes
Enter the key combination to open the Search All Notes dialog.
Please see Section 7 ― Note Synchronization for more details.
The add-ins tab allows you to enable and configure Gnote Add-ins.
The list of installed add-ins shows on the left. An add-in is enabled by selecting it from the list and then selecting. Disable an add-in by selecting it from the list and then selecting .
Please see Section 9 ― Add-ins for more information about the add-ins that are installed with Gnote.
- Copyright © 2008 Alex Graveley
- Copyright © 2008 Brent Smith
- Copyright © 2008 Free Software Foundation
- Copyright © 2008 Boyd Timothy
- Copyright © 2008 Sandy Armstrong
- Copyright © 2008 Paul Cutler
- Copyright © 2009 Hubert Figuiere
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link or in the file COPYING-DOCS distributed with this manual.
This manual is part of a collection of GNOME manuals distributed under the GFDL. If you want to distribute this manual separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the license to the manual, as described in section 6 of the license.
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.
DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT ARE PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE GNU FREE DOCUMENTATION LICENSE WITH THE FURTHER UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER, AUTHOR OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER; AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE AUTHOR, INITIAL WRITER, ANY CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF THE DOCUMENT OR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE DOCUMENT AND MODIFIED VERSIONS OF THE DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding the Gnote application or this manual, follow the directions in the GNOME Feedback Page.